Konop for Lucas County

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Bowling Tour Day One

Friends, thanks to those of you who stopped by and bowled a game with me today on the first leg of my tour. My scores today were inconsistent (146, 98, 155, 125), but more importantly I met a lot of good people at the alleys and learned a lot from my fellow bowlers. Several small business owners I spoke with at Miracle Lanes really gave me some good insight on what it's like to operate a business in our local economy. With tax burdens and health insurance costs rising, it's not a pretty picture. Also heard a lot of worries about public schools in Lucas County. On the positive side, several gentlemen out at New Glass Lanes were very happy with the Powertrain announcement.

A special thanks to the owners of Timbers Bowling Alley in Maumee for your hospitality. I enjoyed our talk as well...you guys have got a great family business.

All in all, a fun and interesting day at the lanes and I look forward to day two in about twelve hours.

Last but not least, must give a big thanks to my parents who spent the evening bowling with me. Dad has some skills on the lanes! Plus, today also happened to be my 30th birthday, so it was great to spend it with my folks. They are the best, no doubt.


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home