Konop for Lucas County

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Ethics Pledge

Earlier today, I unveiled my ethics pledge to the citizens of Lucas County. I signed it at a press conference this morning at One Government Center. I think the issue of ethics in government is of the utmost importance to the future of our democracy and I take this pledge very seriously. It's a contract between me and my constituents. If you vote for me, this is what you'll get:

Pledge of Ethics and Good Government to the Citizens of Lucas County

I pledge to support the establishment of a County Ethics Commission to supplement the state-level Ohio Ethics Commission, following the example of other local governments around the country.

I pledge to hold myself to the highest standard of personal conduct and be accountable to the citizens of Lucas County.

I will take personal responsibility for my actions.

I will be open and accessible to members of the public in every community.

I will promptly respond to all inquiries by concerned citizens.

I will serve the full duration of the term for the office of which I am elected to.

I will be a full-time public servant and will accept no outside income while in office.

I support requiring campaign contributors to report county contracts with their campaign contributions.

I support banning campaign contributors from receiving no bid contracts.

I pledge to hold Lucas County employees and appointees to the highest standard of personal conduct and make them accountable to the citizens of Lucas County.

I will recommend and support appointments to boards and commissions based on knowledge, experience and integrity.

I will not appoint lobbyists to boards and commissions

I will hire staff based on knowledge, experience, and integrity and not campaign contributions.

I will support requiring boards and commissions to hold regular meetings during evening hours and in different areas of the county, so that working people can attend.

I support requiring ethics training for all Lucas County employees and appointees to boards and commissions


I pledge to follow the law of the State of Ohio and of the United States of America.



_________________________________

Ben Konop

1 Comments:

  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Lisa Renee said…

    Ben, welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!

    It's a shame that your ethics pledge didn't get the attention it deserved given what else happened on Friday. Let's hope that is soon corrected because I think it is critical to our area especially.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home